KPD Badge History

Police Chief

Eve M. Thomas
(865) 215-7000

800 Howard Baker Jr. Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37915

  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share via Email
Knoxville Police Department Badge History

KPD Badge History The top left badge was first worn in 1854.

The top center was worn in the 1920's and the top right was worn in the 1930's.

The bottom left was worn in the 1940's.

Bottom center 1950's.

The badge on the bottom right was introduced in 1955. This badge represents the first standardization of the badge design used by all officers thru the end of 1999.

Currently officers are wearing a badge design to honor the end of the current millennium and welcome the new.