A lot is classified as dirty or overgrown when:
• Trash and debris have accumulated
• Vines, underbrush, or grass exceed 12 inches high
Correction process for a dirty lot:
• Lot reported to Neighborhood Codes Enforcement by phone at 3-1-1 or 865-215-4311.
• Owner of lot has 14 days to correct violation
• If violations are not corrected, a Public Service crew will correct the violation within 3-4 weeks of reported call.
• Owner of lot will be billed for cost of clean up.
• Owner may be cited to Municipal Court
where substantial fines and penalties may be imposed.