If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to attend a public meeting, please contact Stephanie Brewer Cook at 865-215-2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org
no less than 72 business hours prior to the meeting you wish to attend.
City of Knoxville Applicant Accommodation Request [PDF]
City of Knoxville Americans with Disabilities Act Complaint Form [PDF]
Disability Services Office
- The Disability Services Office coordinates the City's Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance activities throughout the City and provides accommodations for citizens to attend public meetings as well as for City employees. Staff provides training and technical assistance to City departments on the ADA as well as disability sensitivity/etiquette, and works with them to increase accessibility to their programs and facilities. The ADA Coordinator is responsible for handling inquiries regarding disability and complaints related to accessibility in addition to serving as the Staff Liaison to the Mayor's Council on Disability Issues (CODI.)
Knoxville Area Transit Disability Programs
- Knoxville Area Transit offers transportation options for persons with disabilities through KAT's LIFT service. For those individuals who are unable to use KAT's fixed route service, paratransit curb-to-curb service is available. You must be certified by KAT to use this service. For additional information or a LIFT application visit http://katbus.com/ADA/services.php#lift
Limited English Proficiency Policy and Employee Guide
- In compliance with Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and Executive Order 13166, the City of Knoxville (the “City”) will take reasonable steps to ensure that persons with Limited English Proficiency (“LEP”) have meaningful access and an equal opportunity to participate in all services, activities, and programs. LEP individuals are those who are unable to speak, read, write, or understand the English language at a level that permits them to interact effectively with the City’s service providers.
Mayor's Council on Disability Issues
- This advisory body is made up of twenty-one people who have a disability, are a family member of a person with a disability, or work with a disability-focused agency or initiative. CODI is an invaluable resource to the City of Knoxville because the membership provides disability policy guidance to the Mayor and City Council as well as advises on issues related to accessibility to the City’s programs and facilities.
Translation Services on Website
- This website uses the automated Google Translate to provide a Spanish translation of website pages. For more information or clarification of page content please contact Patricia Robledo at email@example.com
Website Accessibility Statement
- The City of Knoxville recognizes the need for this site to be accessible to as many persons as possible including those with disabilities, language barriers, and those with various browsers, processors, and access speeds. With our goal to meet the guidelines of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 508, if you find a page that fails to meet these guidelines or fails to provide you the access expected please contact firstname.lastname@example.org