John T. O'Connor Senior Citizen's Center
• meeting room
• softball field
• accessible parking entrance & restrooms
• adjacent to Caswell Park
• Card games
• Senior Fitness
• Book Club
• Bingo, contact center for times
• Friday Night Dances every Friday 7-9 p.m.
|RIDE THE BUS TO THIS CENTER
|Route 30 - at entrance
611 Winona Street
Knoxville, TN 37917
From I-40, Merge onto TN-158 W/JAMES WHITE PKWY via EXIT 388A toward JAMES WHITE PKY. Take the exit toward SUMMIT HILL DR. Turn LEFT onto E SUMMIT HILL DR. Merge onto TN-158 E/JAMES WHITE PKWY/US-11 N/US-70 E/TN-1 N via the ramp on the LEFT toward I-40. Merge onto E MAGNOLIA AVE/US-11/US-70/TN-1. Turn LEFT onto N WINONA ST. End at 611 Winona St Knoxville, TN 37917-6832, US.
This center, which recently underwent major renovation, offers a wide range of activities and services for citizens 55 years and older. Everyday activities include blood pressure checks, cards, billiards and horseshoes. Other activities available throughout the week include aerobics, dance and basket weaving. There is no general membership fee.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Are you interested in knowing what is going on at the O'Connor Center? Click Here
to link to the Office on Aging website and locate the heading "Calendar" for the most recent schedule of activities offered.
RULES AND REGULATIONS IN CITY RECREATION CENTERS:
The following are prohibited in city recreation centers:
1) Possession of firearms and weapons
2) Possession of drugs, alcohol, or any elicit substance
3) Smoking or use of tobacco products
5) Use of profanity
7) Dunking or hanging on rims of basketball goals
9) Only indoor court shoes allowed (ex: tennis shoes or non-marking soles.) Violation of these rules or any other rules set by individual centers may result in suspension from this center and others. Suspension terms will be set by each center.