Ed Roberts, the Disability Rights Movement and the ADA
- Exhibit that celebrates just some of the many groups and people who made the ADA possible, explores how and why it was passed, and concludes by looking at some of the major challenges we’re facing now. The ADA changed America, but there is a lot of work left to be done.
Library of Congress Accessible Resources
- The Library of Congress provides a variety of accommodations and universal design features for its facilities, programs and services
United States Access Board - The Rehabilitation Act and Creation of the Access Board
What Does the ADA Mean to You?
- YouTube Video of the 2013 AAPD interns who share their experiences of the ADA, as persons with a disability.
National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research (NCDDR)
- NCDDR performs research, technical assistance and demonstration activities focusing on the dissemination and utilization of disability research funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research.
The Arc of Tennessee -
Disability links gathered by The Arc of Tennessee.
- Premier Source for Information on Assistive Technology. Sponsored by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, U.S. Department of Education
- A resource for assistive technology (AT) and a link to a wide variety of AT and disability-related information.
The Center for an Accessible Society
- A communications clearinghouse providing journalists credible information and quotable sources on national disability policy and independent living issues.
Center for International Rehabilitation Research Information and Exchange (CIRRIE)
- CIRRIE links rehabilitation researchers world-wide.
ADA Document Portal
- Searchable portal developed by Meeting the Challenge Inc. that consists of the ADA Collection of more than 7,400 documents and additional collections of over 15,000 documents.
Model Spinal Cord Injury Systems Dissemination Center (MSCISDC)
- Establishes, maintains, collects and disseminates a bibliography of the academic publications of the MSCIS Centers and the Collaborative Research Projects in SCI.
AccessIT - National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education
- AccessIT promotes the use of electronic and information technology (E&IT) for students and employees with disabilities in educational institutions at all academic levels. This Web site features the AccessIT Knowledge Base, a searchable, growing database of questions and answers regarding accessible E&IT.
National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)
- NARIC is committed to providing direct, personal, and high-quality information services to anyone interested in disability and rehabilitation issues. Premier resource of practical information on the spectrum of disability-related research.
Social Security Disability Secrets -
An overview of the federal disability system as well as answers to specific questions.
Home Remodeling for Disability and Special Needs
- What you need to know about creating a comfortable home for those with special needs.