The Community Relations Director is the liaison between community organizations and the city, addressing the concerns of these groups.
This department is also responsible for administering Knoxville City Government's equal employment program with the objective of ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
This sector follows EEO procedures such as:
This division is also responsible for the following programs:
Police Advisory and Review Committee
Title VI and Equal Business Opportunity Program
Save Our Sons Program
- Reviewing all personnel actions and investigating of any variance in laws, procedures and ordinances.
- Keeping city department directors and supervisors informed on the latest developments and requirements in EEO regulations.
- Filing required federal EEO reports.
- Assisting in recruiting qualified minorities and females for Knoxville city government positions.
- Providing for investigation and conciliation of discrimination complaints.
The director also serves as the city's liaison with the Knox County Commission.