Street paving and improvements are managed by the Civil Engineering Division of the City of Knoxville. Call 865-215-6100.
The Civil Engineering Division coordinates lists of projects to be performed each year through the process of:
- Routine city inspections and inventory.
- Recommendations from other city departments, city council, or the mayor.
- Number and types of complaints/requests that are received from the general public or neighborhood groups.
- Importance to transportation master planning or drainage master planning.
- Amount of use by the citizens of Knoxville (traffic counts, recreational impacts).