Public Service Coordinator
CITY RECYCLING CENTERS
NOTE: One of these sites, the Solid Waste Management Facility, 1033 Elm St., has limited hours of operation and only recycles specialty items. It is not a full recycling center.
COUNTY RECYCLING CENTERS
UT CAMPUS RECYCLING CENTER
DROP-OFF CENTERS COLLECT:
Not necessary to remove labels. Please rinse out all containers.
- #1-#7 Plastic Containers - Usually have a recycle logo labeled on container. Plastics we cannot take: Mixed containers such as those for nuts that have some plastic and some paper board and are difficult to separate; Non-container plastics (car bumpers, kiddy pools); Household garbage / food waste; Styrofoam containers, boxes, packing materials even with the recycling triangle, styrofoam peanuts; Plastic Containers for hazardous fluids / materials; Garden hoses; Heavy plastic wrap such as the type that comes over paper towels or toilet paper; Clear storage bags and trash bags such as Hefty, Glad etc.; Other plastic films; Thin plastic wrap such as Saran wrap, cereal bags from the inside of cereal boxes; Post-industrial plastics, bulky plastics; Grocery Bags
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans
- Mixed Paper - any type of material that is 100 percent paper including phone books, catalogs, magazines,white and colored ledger paper, white and colored note pad paper and stationary, copy paper, NRC forms, sticky notes, envelopes with or without plastic windows, fax paper, manila folders, hanging folders (remove metal bands), paperboard such as cereal boxes, tissue boxes, shredded paper, etc., and paper bags.
- Books (hard-bound books - books and covers can be recycled in the mixed paper bins)
- Clear Glass
- Brown Glass
- Green Glass
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Newspaper (including inserts)
- Reusable Household Goods
LOCATIONS OF CITY DROP-OFF CENTERS
- Scrap metal (lawn mower blades, brake drums, etc)
- Mylar (i.e., shiny silver plastic) things such as potato chip bags or a foil bag to keep items cold/hot.
- Aluminum foil or pie plates
- Plastic containers that hold hazardous waste such as pesticides/herbicides, motor oil and antifreeze bottles
- Window glass, broken windshields, light bulbs or any type of porcelain or pottery material such as plates or pots. Carbon paper, and Styrofoam
- Milk cartons and food and orange juice containers made of paper and coated with a chemical material inside and or outside.
- No Medical Waste. Insulin Sharps or Sharps containers are NOT accepted either inside plastic bottles or by themselves. These items can be disposed of in your household trash inside plastic bottles or through a proper disposal management company.
Kroger at I-640 Plaza - 4440 Western Ave.
Goodwill at W. Moody Ave. - 225 W. Moody Ave.
Goodwill at Chilhowee Park - 210 Alice St.
Goodwill at Cedar Bluff - 341 Parkvillage Rd.
Downtown Recycling Center - 227 Willow Ave.